Attigo are looking to recruit a freelance graphic designer for their social enterprise in Headingley.
Attigo is a social enterprise, which means they strive to achieve a positive social impact through their work. They are a healthcare and digital agency based in Leeds, that works in collaboration with clients such as commercial healthcare organisations (including pharmaceutical companies), NHS providers, commissioning organisations and the Department of Health.
The projects are varied and include assisting healthcare organisations to deliver medical education programmes and designing and developing digital solutions such as apps and websites.
Their main social aim is to employ people with lived experience of mental health issues who may be at a disadvantage in the labour market because of their situation. With the required flexibility and support, they hope to empower staff to achieve meaningful employment, kick starting a new career and employment trajectory.
Job title: Graphic Designer (freelance)
Location: Attigo offices, Headingley, Leeds
Responsible to: Team Leader Responsible for: N/A
Hours of work: Freelance, as and when required (with potential for permanent role)
Deadline: Monday 5 June 2017
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Benefits include: Regular social events/activities organised by the company
The purpose of the role: The role involves working on a diverse range of digital and print projects with the design team and using creative flair to offer innovative solutions to a variety of diverse design briefs. Being able to self-manage multiple projects within tight deadlines is essential, as is showing a willingness to develop new skills.
Attigo is also supported by their sister company Mednet. Further information on Mednet can be found on their company website: www.mednet.co.uk
Some key role activities will include:
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient art working, typesetting, and layout skills
- Attention to detail – excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise your workload in order to meet deadlines
- Have the ability to digest briefs and propose ideas and solutions
- To work on own initiative, under direction and within a team, as appropriate.
- Design related degree
- Possesses creative flair
- Strong passion for design and keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Experience of seeing a project through from conception to production
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects
- Proficient with Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesignSound understanding of layout, colour and typography
- Knowledge of web CMS systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal and Joomla)
- Knowledge and experience of After Effects, Premier and Sketch
- Knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS coding
- Previous experience working for an agency
- Priority will be given to candidates who have lived experience of mental health issues
How to apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter via email to email@example.com
Attigo strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please feel free to let them know if you require any adjustments in order to attend an interview.
Information: For an informal conversation about the post, contact Lucy Graham, Team Leader on 0113 386 4415