Volition has developed a structure of third sector representation across the city. Representatives come from Volition’s members and the Volition team. The aims are to:
- promote the interests of the mental health third sector with decision makers
- keep the sector informed of developments and decisions of which they can and should be a part.
A representative volunteers, usually on invitation by Volition, to:
- attend the regular meetings of a specific group or committee in Leeds on behalf of the members of Volition
- represent and respond to the interests and issues of the members
- feed information from meetings back to members
- make contact with other representatives to keep up to date with developments.
The following is a list of representatives, this can change as new groups start meeting while other projects finish.
If you are interested in being a Volition representative, and work for one of Volition’s member organisations, please get in touch.
Citywide strategic mental health groups
|Mental Health Partnership Group||Ant Hanlon||Volition Chair|
|Suicide Prevention Strategy Group|
Self Harm Strategy Group
|Fiona Venner||Leeds Survivor Led Crisis Service|
|Dual Diagnosis Strategy Group||Ann Sunter||St Anne's|
|Dual Diagnosis Working Group||Karen Pearse||St Anne's|
|Accomodation Gateway||Hazel Burleigh||Community Links|
|Leeds Integrated Dementia Strategy Board||Peter Ruickbie||Alzheimer's Society|
|Other Strategic Mental Health Groups||Name||Organisation|
|Provider Partnership 'hot topics' group||Hannah Howe, Mark Lee, Arfan Hanif, Paul Wright, Andy Ward||Volition
|Provider Partnership with LYPFT||many||via Volition|
Citywide strategic health and social care groups
|Better Lives Leeds Board||Hannah Howe||Volition|
Citywide strategic groups, not mental health specific
|Third Sector Leeds Leadership Group||Kath Lindley||Tenfold|
|Third Sector Partnership Group|
The voluntary sector is also represented in the broader health and social care arena through the Healthy Lives Leeds representatives some of whom are from Volition member organisations, and in the wider Leeds strategic arena by Third Sector Leeds